TIP: Clean Your Garbage Disposal

I recently had the honor of hosting another Chow Tip for the Chow.com team! This tip shows you the proper way to care for and clean your garbage disposal.

Twit Friendly: http://bit.ly/14Zeiku
Bookmark and Share
This entry was posted in Tips and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

About Heather

I am a media professional who is passionate about food and wine. I devote a large portion of my free time to seeking out good food, discovering hidden gems, experimenting with recipe development and writing about all things that are So Forking Good. More about Heather →

16 Responses to TIP: Clean Your Garbage Disposal

1. it so necessary! i just saw some where in another post it effects on see animals our first priority should be garbage disposals.

2. david3729 says:

I usually clean my sink with salt and vinegar. That video was simple way to dispose your garbage properly and anyone can follow it. Thanks!

3. Marissa says:

Yeah, I used to hear hot water all the time – it breaks down gunk and helps keep things clean – but when I got my most recent disposal, sure enough the manual says cold water only. Still, your plumber has probably seen more different working AND not working disposals than the person who wrote the manual for mine!
    Learn about Fly Fishing Alaska Hoodoo Sportfishing Lodge

4. Donna says:

Do you need more website traffic? I was told about a company that offers a free trial to try their service and make sure it works for you. They offer keyword targeted traffic so that you only get visitors that are interested in your website. I am getting a lot more ad revenue now that I am using their company. Check it out here: http://2hams.com/2611h

5. NBA Shorts Cheap Wholesale Mall

6. Mychaelphilips says:

Hi! i actually else your journal to my favorites list and appearance ahead to urge the identical worth content whenever I visit your journal. Thanks a allotment. Hi! i actually else your journal to my favorites list and appearance ahead to urge the identical worth content whenever I visit your journal. Thanks a allotment. http://www.thegreenhouse.co.uk/

7. Daisy says:

Yes, it is … the video illustrates easy to follow guidelines on cleaning our routine garbage disposal. Thanks for sharing this useful post/video with awesome tips.

8. Olivia says:

Thank you Heather for sharing your latest contribution to Chow. It helps :)

9. Angelina says:

So helpful … this is really a great Chow Tip for me…! This tip shown me the right way to deal with and clean waste disposal. This is easy to follow and logic way everyone can love to adopt, thanks a lot…!

10. Citrus fruits make a great cleaning product for disposals. As Heather mentions in the video, citrus peels are great for freshening up the disposal. The peels also work to help remove gunk from the blades themselves, while releasing the citrus oil which leaves behind a pleasant scent.

11. there are many articles written on this subject

12. Anyclean says:

Wow, so nicely explained by this courteous lady the cleaning of a garbage disposal actually sounds as a fun and interesting job :) Anycway, it is indeed really important to properly clean and maintain your garbage disposal, beacause food particles can block up the drain and cause nasty odors.

13. maxschau says:

Hey, really decent post. It helped me a lot. Do you know anything about carpet cleaning though?

14. J. Brown says:

Cant find the tip for cleaning the garbage disposal. Please post it…or send it to me.