Here is a super easy recipe for a tart that works great as an appetizer for parties or, in my case, as dinner on a random weeknight.
Caramelized Mushroom and Mozzarella Goat Cheese Tart
Write a review
- 2 Yellow Onions
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 sheet of puff pastry, thawed
- Goat mozzarella (can be found at Whole Foods)
- Olive oil
- 1 TBSP butter
- Preheat the oven to 400º. Lay out the sheet of puff pastry on a silpat mat or baking sheet. Fold the edges over from about 1/2" from the edge. Using a fork, gently poke some holes in the center.
- Dice the onions. In a pan on medium heat, add a drizzle of olive oil and tablespoon of butter until butter is melted. Add the onions. Saute until they start to become slightly translucent. Add the balsamic vinegar and cook until reduced and the onions are caramelized. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Cut several pieces of the goat mozzarella (however much you want on the tart. It does not need to be covered in goat cheese as that will be overwhelming.)
- Place the onions in the center of the tart. Put dabs of the goat cheese mozzarella spaced out over the onions. Bake about 25-30 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly and the edges of the tart are brown. Remove and allow to cool at least 10 minutes before cutting and serving.
So Forking Good! http://soforkinggood.com/